It’s like an unwritten regulation to have a vanity inside your bathroom. It makes a space for you to check your final look before going outside of the house. As functional as they get, there are models for bathroom vanities single sink and for the double-sink ones.
This article will show you some types of single-sink bathroom vanities. What are they? Scroll down while you read!
1. Freestanding Vanity
If you’ve ever heard of a pedestal sink, then a freestanding sink would have been pretty familiar for you, right? Yes, a freestanding one is the integrated form of a pedestal sink and a vanity. The difference is there at the vanity.
This freestanding vanity benefits your limited bathroom space. It doesn’t waste your precious area since it only needs a little spot. Yet, you could take the most out of it in terms of offering yourself to groom.
- A freestanding unit makes your bathroom feels more spacious.
- It is highly suitable in a modern-style bathroom.
- More space means more cleaning work. You will have to clean the exposed area under the sink.
- It offers only a little space to store the bathroom toiletries.
2. Wall-Mounted Vanity
The wall-mounted or floating bathroom vanities are in trend nowadays. Though they usually complete bathrooms with a modern style, it appears that such vanities could present rustic feel according to what material they’re made of. You could see one of the matters here.
- Since they float, some extra space is unintentionally created below. You could make use of it to put a basket, for instance.
- With different installation system, floating vanities could be expensive.
3. Vanity Cabinets
It is the most popular option, the vanity cabinet is. With an interesting design, you could get your bathroom the most fascinating focal point. The cabinet provides you with a lot of storage space in the form of drawers, cabinet doors, or the combination of them.
Be sure the building material is waterproof since getting splashed is one thing that couldn’t be avoided. Or, you could just pay attention to the countertop material. For the matter, this vanity in the picture tells you about it.
- It is, of course, the fact that this bathroom vanities single sink design comes in a lot of storage areas.
- The types they have are also various, they even have medicine cabinets.
- The bulk bodies cabinets have required lots of space and therefore it’s not possible for a small bathroom.
4. Plywood Bathroom Vanity
If you’re looking for wood material for your bathroom vanity, opt for plywood. It’s sturdier and better at handling moisture than any other type of wood. Its firm body comes from gluing some wood sheets together, that’s why it is known for its strength.
The bathroom vanity in the image uses plywood to build its countertop. You see, the countertop area is often splashed if not totally wet after the vanity is used. And the plywood is great to handle such condition.
- The plywood is durable and more stable compared to another form of wood, like solid, for example.
- Besides moisture, humidity, and temperature are the other things plywood could handle well.
- It apparently comes in various quality and thickness. You have to be extra careful as to not pick the low-end ones.
5. Particle Board Bathroom Vanity
Particle board is pretty popular to be the building material of vanities because it is known for its sturdiness. Though sturdy, it still needs to be covered mostly with veneer or melamine. This picture shows you an instance of veneer covering.
- Particle board is more affordable than other materials.
- It is not durable.
- It couldn’t support quartz or granite countertops.
- Particle board is not waterproof.
6. Marble Bathroom Vanity
The fact that marble material offers elegance result is not debatable. People couldn’t agree more about it. That’s why, though cost highly; marble is still wanted as vanity countertop material to present such elegance within a bathroom.
This vanity in the picture above combines marble top, which extended to be the backsplash as well, and wooden cabinets. The perfect color selection would last long as black and white are suitable for any style and design.
- As a natural stone, marble brings the beauty of nature inside.
- The choices are nearly limited as it comes in numerous shades, patterns, shapes, finishes, and designs.
- Fascinatingly, there are no two similar marble tops anywhere in the world.
- Marble is porous and easily stained.
- It is also easily scratched.
7. Square-Shaped Bathroom Vanity
Square is the most common shape for bathroom vanities single sink design. It brings the concept of minimalism, compactness, simplicity. And thus, it flawlessly fits small bathrooms. An integrated sink is applied on this vanity above.
- It helps you in saving some space.
- Square bathroom vanity, particularly the one seen in the image, only has a few storages to offer.
8. Round-Shaped Bathroom Vanity
To bring uniqueness inside your powder room, go for circular vanity instead of the common square one. Yes, because of its small size, it feels like this round-shaped vanity is more suitable to embellish powder room rather than a bathroom.
The picture above exemplifies it. With a vessel basin and curved cabinet doors, it tries to present not only uniqueness but also modernity. On top of that, the oval mirror and floating shelf also support the idea.
- It is original and fits the idea of contemporary perfectly.
- Some people feel exposed to the existence of small vanity in a bigger bathroom since it creates an airy and open vibe.
9. Rectangular-Shaped Bathroom Vanity
Our last single-sink bathroom vanity will be this rectangular unit. Usually, this vanity shape is intended to be in bigger bathrooms as it is pretty long sideways. It is long enough to fit in the length of two mirrors.
- It’s a great alternative for you who get bored with the usual one because you see some fresh rectangular sinks with this shape of vanities.
- With a rectangular basin, water doesn’t directly go towards the drain which leads to staining.
After all, the types of bathroom vanities single sink aren’t the only one that matters. There are also price, size, and features you should take into consideration. And be sure that it functions well to support your activity.