When it comes to kitchen designing, we often focus more on what is below. The decoration and the island are often discussed. However, we should not forget those kitchen lighting ideas are also important.
1. The Kitchen with the Retro, Statement Chandelier
If you are into something retro but modern at the same time, add this kitchen with this statement chandelier. It is a perfect combination of the earth-tone and whitewashed furniture pieces.
- With the matching kitchen decoration, this retro statement chandelier looks perfectly in place.
- Like some old lighting, this chandelier does not shine too bright. It only adds more warmth into the kitchen.
- Retro, statement chandeliers like this one tend to be heavy. Make sure the installation is secure enough.
- This type of kitchen lighting invites spiders’ cobwebs and has to be cleaned regularly.
2. Kitchen Pendant Lights
Pendant lights are some of the most chosen for kitchen lighting ideas. These lights are also suitable for both modern and traditional kitchens. Most people prefer installing two to three pendant lights in their kitchens above the island.
- There are varieties of pendant lights you can choose, either by size and model. Find what suits your kitchen best.
- These pendant lights shine a soft hue because of the glass tubes that cover them. They will give proportionate lights over the kitchen island.
- If you hang them too low, even above the center of the kitchen island, they will be a major distraction – especially if you dine in the kitchen.
- Be careful when you wipe them clean. If they are not securely installed, their wires can get detached and they can crash on the floor.
3. The Kitchen with Glass-Enclosed Lightbulbs
One of the ways to avoid having pendant lights too bright is the glass-enclosed type. With this idea, the bulbs are protected while at the same time still shine. This design is perfect for the post-modern or industrial-looking kitchen.
- The glass-enclosed bulbs keep the light from being too bright and too hot.
- These pendant lights are also unique.
- If the glass-enclosers are thick and heavy, the hanging bars or wires should be stronger and more solid. They might easily break and crash.
- Just like all things, glass is bound to break once it gets overheated through time. You might need to get them all changed when that happens.
4. The Kitchen with More than 3 Pendant Lights
For a touch of nature, you can have the majority of the kitchen made of wood. Yes, that includes the ceiling, the floor, and the kitchen cabinets and island. For the kitchen lighting ideas, have more than three and with the matching color.
To add more light in the kitchen, put two above the kitchen island and the other three by the windows.
- Since the pendant lights are hung pretty high, you do not need to worry about bumping your head against it by accident. Well, unless you are really tall.
- The lights by the windows help you to see outside better at night. You can even scare people who peek inside as part of your Halloween prank.
- If you are tall, hanging out by the kitchen window with the pendant light on above your head might not be comfortable.
- Since the pendant lights are rather short, you need to step on a stool or sit on the kitchen island to clean them up.
5. The Black and White Kitchen Lighting Ideas
There is nothing as modern-looking, simple, and timeless as the black-and-white combination. Consider this a minimalist, kitchen lighting idea. The black pendant lights are perfect to go along with the majority white kitchen interior.
- As mentioned earlier, you will not get bored easily with this style, because it is timeless.
- If the pendant lights are hung too low above the kitchen island, you may not feel that comfortable dining there. It might be too hot.
6. The Golden Pendant Lights
Want something hip and extraordinary? Combine your dark green interior with the golden pendant lights above. You will have a kitchen as nobody else does. Well, unless they are as artistic as you are.
- This is a very unique design. When people visit, they will instantly know that you are one of a kind.
- Three pendant lights above the kitchen island are enough and proportionate.
- Since the pendant lights are made of gold, they might get corroded over time. Be careful when you wipe them clean.
7. The Cool Track Kitchen Lighting
If you would like your kitchen lights to line up in order, this cool track lighting is a good idea. This is also a minimalist design too, which makes your kitchen look simple and elegant.
- With small pendant lights that are at a decent distance from one another, they do not look overcrowded and heavy.
- They are not hung so low, so you will not hit your head by accident.
- There is nothing wrong with the lights, but the kitchen looks rather bland. You may add something else, like a photo frame on the wall.
8. The Golden Pendant Lights for an Ultra-Modern Kitchen
For something warm, these golden pendant lights are perfect for your ultra-modern kitchen style. With the combination of earth-tone colors (including the rattan stools), the golden pendant lights only add more warmth.
- The golden warmth from the golden pendant lights makes your kitchen look rather retro too, despite its ultra-modern design.
- Since the pendant lights are hung low, watch your head. If you have kids, they might have crazy ideas by pulling them down.
9. The Industrial, Edison Bulb Lighting
These industrial-style lighting with Edison bulbs are also unique kitchen lighting ideas. The light they shine is also warm enough.
- These lights are solidly secured, so you will not have to worry about them crashing down.
- Changing the bulbs is also easy.
- It is better not to hang the lights right above the stove, since the heat from your cooking may crack the bulbs too soon.
So, which one is your most favorite from these kitchen lighting ideas? Just make sure you have the right budget for the lighting idea that you choose.