Pedestal sinks have been very helpful throughout ages to people with small bathroom. It sets aside the need for bigger grooming space. However, the fact that it could only hold a few of your bathroom is somewhat disappointing. That’s why pedestal sink storage is in trend nowadays.
It is a way to present a set of vanity with limited bathroom space in mind. Apparently, there are so many models of the matter. You are going to see several ideas about them in this article. Read them out and get inspired!
1. Under-Sink Cabinet
The most common pedestal sink storage is under the sink cabinet. It is the most possible choice as well. You could either buy it as a set or install a standalone cabinet under the fixed pedestal sink. Both ways benefit you similarly.
It cannot be ascertained whether the under-sink cabinet in the picture comes as a set with the pedestal sink or not but the color selection of white is so lovely. The design complements the walls shade behind it which also proves that wood material accompanies ceramic really well.
- It has a good amount of storage space.
- This under-sink vanity fits small bathroom very well.
- As it sits under the sink, it’s highly likely to get splashed if not totally wet. And you must pay extra attention to that matter.
2. Side-to-Side Rack
Placing an open rack beside the pedestal sink within your arms reach is a nice idea, too. It eases the work of taking and putting something back and forth. Furthermore, it is moveable. You could easily move it anywhere near the pedestal sink as you desire.
In the mainly white bathroom, choosing grey to be the accents color is so eye-catching. It changes the boring white brings into something calming.
- The pedestal sink storage doesn’t take a lot of space.
- The rack is reachable.
- It is indeed moveable, but without casters, it will be a little bit tricky as you must lift it up.
3. Customized Under-Sink Racks
We must admit that this is cute. This one storage utilizes two corner triangle racks which are then positioned in a way that doesn’t interrupt the shape of the plumbing. It is rather worrisome, though, with the fact that the combined racks are slightly wider than the sink.
The items at the sides would highly likely get splashed every time the sink is used. And so would the racks. But, well, the racks themselves were not intentionally made to be under-sink storage. They’re just used as a mean to get extra space without spending much money.
- It’s a clever and cheap way to aid you under-sink storage.
- Unless the rack material is that of water-resistant, it couldn’t sit under the pedestal sink for long. The chance of being damaged by water splash is high.
4. Under-Sink Round Cupboard
Curved things are so modern and trending these days. If your powder room carries a concept of contemporary, this round cupboard must be your ‘it’ item. What makes it more modern is the fact that it is wall mounted. And the white color selection adds elegance there.
It also has a simple and minimalist design which fits in limited space bathroom. You see, simple design makes the atmosphere feels airier and less crowded.
- It is unique and updated.
- This round cupboard is a perfect storage choice for your corner pedestal sink.
- It guarantees safety since there aren’t any sharp edges.
- Because it’s floating, you would need a special hanging system and it might costs you more.
5. Pedestal Sink Storage Set
Now, this is another example of the under-sink cabinet. The difference is that a previous cabinet is a standalone unit which bought and installed separately with the pedestal sink. Meanwhile, this one cabinet comes originally as a set with the sink. They are also visually different.
The benefit of buying a set is that you don’t have to be concerned about the plumbing position. They are just right from the very beginning. Also, the worry about the sink and cabinet going mismatched would be gone.
- It has a good amount of storage space.
- This under-sink cabinet set fits perfectly in a powder room. It doesn’t need bigger space to sit.
- The only downside of this product we could find is that the extra space beneath the cabinet would be difficult to clean, which is no problem at all.
6. Side-to-Side Freestanding Storage
When you couldn’t find the right standalone under-sink storage, let’s just go with a freestanding one, ladies and gentlemen. With a freestanding, you get the maximum storage space inside. It doesn’t have any hole which is made to fit in the plumbing. Besides, doesn’t it look gorgeous?
- Because it is a freestanding unit, you could move it anytime where you see fit.
- The height is just appropriate and within arms reach.
- The fact that it is moveable increases the risk of floor and wall scratching. However, you could outsmart such condition by pasting some pads under and behind the cabinet.
7. Basket and Coffee Table as Pedestal Sink Storages
One of the clever and cheap ways to present pedestal sink storages is to make use of your everyday stuff, such as basket and coffee table like you see in the picture here. No extra cash getting spent on the matter. Besides, the feet of the pedestal sink is just perfect to support the idea. It could be a towel rail and you wouldn’t need to install the real one.
- The basket and coffee table is not a must. You could use other items as you desire which have the ability to store bathroom necessities.
- It’s creative and smart.
- Because they’re not intentionally made to sit in the bathroom, they might not resistant to water and thus damaged easily.
Well, you see now that the ideas of pedestal sink storage are varied. The storage could take the forms of a cabinet, racks, cupboard, and even daily stuff. It is totally according to your preference and budget, of course. Thank you for reading and have a nice time arranging the storage!